Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Almost as exciting as a referral!

For about a a split second last month, I posted our funny little family video we submitted to HGTV for a decorating show (HGTV'd). I took it off after a day because it was just too embarrassing! Well, looks like we might have to get over that camera shyness, because guess who contacted us yesterday?! We are not for sure chosen, but appears as though we might be in the close running by the forms, agreements, and requesting things such as exact measurements of our driveway (for the working vans?)

EXCITING!!!!

It does not matter much if we don't get picked. Really! What is cool is that this experience has perked up my spirit again and it was SO NICE to feel real excitement over something today that was not overshadowed by that storm cloud of frustration regarding our adoption.

So, without further delay, here's that submission clip! (and remember... we have never done this before, and did this on a whim with a first take. Is my voice really that squeaky?).

http://my.hgtv.com/hgtvd/Family-Room/A-Rocky-Mountain-Redo/detail.esi?oid=23804367

6 comments:

Zoe said...

How fun! And videos are hard -- you did a great job with it! A perfect space to work with, a fun, attractive family, why wouldn't they choose you? (I think your adorable little boy helped make it easier for them.) Keep us posted!!

Mama Mimi said...

Oh I'm SOOOO happy to hear that!!! =) Hope you do get chosen, you deserve it! =) And for the record, I loved the video...I thought it was so cute =)

Simply Natural Farms said...

NO WAY!!! That is so cool! It is a great belated b-day gift. (Happy Bday by the way ;)) I hope you win! You look great and it was fun to see part of your house.

Beth said...

This is cracking me up! i can't wait to share this with everyone! What a great job you did. Can't wait to dance in your party room. I think I may have woken Luci up laughing!!! Miss you guys so much. Geez...I needed that after this week. Thanks!

Beth said...

Oh and PS - I hope you make it on the show! I'll have to up my cable from basic so I can watch it!

ruthie said...

Wow Jen! Good for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed!!