Update! There were three more infant referrals last week! I am not pulling out the banner yet, though, because this is how my conversation went with WACAP last Thursday.
Me: "Three referrals, what does this mean???!"
WACAP: "Well, it could mean that you get a referral next week, next month, or even a few months from now."
Me: "Oh, well what number are we now on the list?"
WACAP: "Because of confidentiality, I can't give you details, but you are now actually #4 and not #3....
(as I was calculating- and my guess is that someone put a hold on their spot on the wait list a while back and just got back on. It happens. Of course, with our luck, 10 more families will sneak back in front of us when we are next in line for referral, then that 10th family will get their referral and ET adoptions will shut down)
... and since you are now on a few lists because you raised your age limit to 18 months, then you are really also like #3 on this other list, but then #7 on this one list, and then you are still #4 on that one....."
Me: " Geeze....I sort of liked my one little list I had before, because that would put us at #2"
WACAP: "Yes, it is complicated to look at those numbers when you get so close, but remember, you ARE close, so hold on.... but don't hold your breath."
Me: "Well, are you telling families different expected wait times?"
WACAP: "No, we are sticking with the 10-12 month wait time for referral."
Me: "Oh, that is good because we are just over 11 months!"
WACAP" "Yes, you are so close! But again, you might want to think about redoing your fingerprints because they expire in November (we have to have those updated for referral/court)."
Me: "November?!?! Oh man, I need a drink."
WACAP: "Don't worry, you'll have her home EVENTUALLY. Happy Easter!"
4 comments:
I am so excited for you guys! I hope that it is only a minute! I will hold my breath with you & add you to our prayers.
Gotta love those talks with your agency...get excited that is coming, but we're not giving you any hope that its soon...UGH! Well hoping you get a shockingly excited call TOMOROW! =)
Oh...I am so excited for you. Crossing my fingers and saying lots of little prayers for you!
Well, I must say that's more hopeful than we get, which is pretty much no time frame at all anymore because siblings are so unpredictable. I do hope your wait for a referral will come to an end very soon. I am encouraged that they are working with new orphanages. That won't make the court process speed up, but hopefully it still helps children unite with parents like us.
Post a Comment