So, we are heading into our third summer vacation waiting for our referral. Our third summer of hesitating to spend money and making travel plans. Also our third summer of repeating, "This is the summer of our referral" - even though I really do feel that this IS our summer for referral (see, there I go again).
Two summers ago we did our crazy 3 week N. California camping trip (with a 2 year old!) and I was trying to find Internet daily thinking we would be getting our referral from Taiwan. In our wildest dreams, we would have never thought that 2 years from then we would still be in the SAME BOAT! (ugh... just typing that makes me want to drink)
Since everything went down with ET adoptions (new delays) last winter, for sanity's sake, I have been trying to look on the bright side of those things that I have no control over; just stop with the planning and go on with our lives. It is not easy, but here's our concerted family approach to this summer:
1) Plan trips. If referral happens, it happens. Travel plans can be changed. We co-leased a condo in Park City for the month of July - one with tennis and a pool out our door. Such a nice distraction from looking at an empty baby room. We are also heading out to MA in late June, and if I can find a great deal, I might do some serious talking Husband into a quicky Disney Land trip.
2) Spend money. We have the money saved for the adoption, so we're taking a hiatus from our penny pinching mentality and allowing ourselves to buy some things for the house, plant trees on our property, and even buy a nice pair of shoes without hyperventilating!
3) Gear up for our HGTV extravaganza. Filming late July to early August (if this really happens - hate to jinx it).
4) Relish in our 1:1 time with the kid. Having a sister will be such a wonderful addition, but we will never have that time alone with him again.
5) Talk friends into coming to visit. We have succeeded with one. Yippee Beth and little Luci Lu!
6) Whip my back into shape. I finally found a good PT, so I am committed to our weekly scheduled appointments throughout the summer.
7) Be a frequent shopper at a new local farmer's market and even possibly start cooking again.
3 comments:
Re #5 - we will be there...tickets are booked and we can't wait. Coming on the 25th - couldn't get the 24th...Can't wait to see you...it's been way too long!!!
I love this post! And that you for your comment on my blog! :) Where in the Rocky Mts do you live, do you mind me asking?? :) Loving your attitude!
Great plans and great attitude!
Post a Comment