The latest news coming out this week is distressing, to say the least. I did not take it seriously at first - I could not fathom it - so I blew it off. Our agency confirmed the news a few days ago and the adoption boards are now flooded with anxiety ridden posts.... and now, ladies and gentleman, this roller coaster is nose diving.
The ET courts have whittled down their court hearings from 40 a day to 5, which will reduce the yearly rate of adoptions out of ET by 90%. This means that when we get a referral sent to us (with her picture and information) and we accept the referral, we are then scheduled a court date. Before the scheduling would take about 3-5 weeks, but now it could take upwards to months and months and months. This roller coaster is just getting scary at this point.
The reasoning makes sense; MOWA and the ET courts want to make sure each and every case has the time needed to investigate it's ethical legitimacy. I like that - I really do, but....
Wanting (needing) to hold on to that little silk thread, that is our hope, all we can now really do is try to think in these terms: This new policy is only temporary. Our agency and other well respected adoptions gurus are also holding on to this hope. In fact, they are meeting with ET officiates in-country this week to try to work out a more realistic alternative. Since the ET government is on board with adoptions, they have to realize that this policy would be like adoption suicide. Maybe this is their way to say that they need to hire additional people on their end? Maybe need more investigators or judges they to make sure that these ethical adoptions continue to flow at a steady pace? Whatever, but let's get the roller coaster leveled again, please? It is making me sick.
Anyone who reads this blog, feel free to start up that "hope" vigil with us. All the more hopeful energy sent out to the universe, the better.
3 comments:
Oh my. I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. I hope that something is worked out ASAP so that things can get moving again. Hang in there.
i have a lot of hope. I do. I was screaming on the roller coaster on Friday, crying on it yesterday, but today I feel like i'm coasting.... I really believe that it will all be fine. Somehow. Some way.
Right with you. It really is a roller coaster ride, no other way to describe it. I'm hopeful though!
Post a Comment