Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I Promise...

... the next post will be happier. But, I just have to get in one more b*#ch and moan, and maybe even get some sympathy points regarding our last 48 hours. Monday I went school and started to feel very achy mid-day. Came home, went to bed, and woke with horrible aches and fever. The next evening, after a day of misery, and the evening before the morning Husband and the Kid were flying to Boston for the week to see his mom, Husband starts complaining of feeling chilled. Come 7:00 pm, he was in bed in the fetal position and I was dragging my body around the house getting the boys packed. This morning at 4:00 he felt he could not possibly fly with the Kid feeling the way he was. We had to call (crappy) United and pay a major hefty fee to cancel.

It was simply AWFUL breaking the news to the Kid that he would not be able to go and see Grammy and his little buddy, Cameron. His tears poured straight from his heart all morning.

Later that day, I found I could no longer swallow. I managed to drive the 5 miles to go to insta-care to find out I had strep. I then had to go home, drag the boys out, and drive them down to find they also tested positive (just another reminder that mother bears are way tough!). Surprisingly, the Kid has no sore throat, so I am glad I TALKED the doctor into testing him (grrrr). We are now on antibiotics and pain killers, and sort of functioning again. I usually am pretty healthy and maybe get a little sniffle once a year, but it is like all those dodging of bugs is coming back to bite me this winter. This is the 4th virus in a row!!

Adding insult to sickery, yesterday we got an email from our agency stating that there will only be 5 allotted court slots in ET for adoption hearings rather than the 35/day before, which means major bottlenecking for court dates. Before when we would get a referral, we would fly out about 3-6 weeks after for court, and now it will be much, much longer. Yet another set back.

Finally, a blog friend of mine with another agency was #17 when we got to #5. I have seen her cruise by us and yesterday they got a referral for a sweet little 8 week baby girl. I am super excited for her but also peeved at the fact that we are still at number 5. My adopting friend, Tina, is going to call and talk kick-butt to our agency today for answers. Thanks, Tina, as I currently have no voice.

Like I said, no more posts until a happy one!!! I Promise! I know that this blog is boring sans pictures. Our shiny new Cannon just arrived, so maybe I'll post photos our new home - or the Kid up to his antics in his science lab!

No comments: