Friday, March 18, 2011

My ray of sunshine


Have I mentioned that I have THE BEST KID EVER? I know that I have written about how he can be a challenge, and that is the truth. However, we feel that with constant guidance, his challenging aspects can all eventually be directed in a positive way (strong willed = won't put up with crap, stubborn = stands for his beliefs, determined = won't give up on a goal, likes to argue his point = might be a lawyer one day so he can support his parents). Besides that ... or, in addition to... he is THE MOST loving, happy, creative, bright, funny, curious kid one could ever dream to have!

Last night, after feeling a little overwhelmed from this past few weeks' events, I decided to plop myself down by the Kid on the couch to watch a Scooby Doo episode - though we ended up talking more than watching. I am so glad I did, because this little guy managed to put things in perspective and helped me refocus on the great things that I DO have- such as my super-duper family.

Kid: "Mom, I just love my life, and because you and dad do such nice things for me and let me go to school, I love my life more and more each day."

Me: "I am happy to hear that because that tells me that dad and I are doing a good job with you."

Kid: (sighed, then put his arm around my neck so that I could rest my head in the nook of his shoulder - like a 5 year old going on 50) "Oh, mom. You and dad are just doing a great job raising me."

:)...... love

3 comments:

Bridget said...

wow. that is beautiful. beautiful!

Pebble to Stone said...

Hi - love that post :)
Thanks for your note on my blog. I added you to my blogroll. I'm sorry to hear of your story, too. This sure isn't for the faint of heart! Glad to get to know you.
You live in Portland or you moved from Portland?
Cheers.

Pebble to Stone said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.