Seriously.
Felt like a complete country bumpkin.
Anyhow, it seems that we are one step closer to having our house picked for that new design show HGTV'd (on HGTV). The whole process was sooo interesting. They seemed to know everything about us and our story, so even though I had the my own pitch of what I wanted from my "dream space", they scooted me off to my deck where I sat for an hour with the producer. He was easy to talk to and I am betting we knew each other's life stories at the end of the hour. While this was happening, on the inside of my house about 8 people we dong "top secret" planning. They all came in armed with laptops and tape measures. They closed the doors and windows so I could not hear. When they were done, they came out and also chilled on our deck looking at this amazing view, talked about adoption (one producer also adopted) and confirmed what we already knew.... we scored a cool pad.
This is from our back deck...
And this from our front deck (and part of the room they will hopefully transform), and then looking down our street.
As many of you may or may not know the story - we bought this home as an estate sale last December. We lost our shirts with our last dump and never would have dreamed we could live in this nice of an area, and would not have if we had not landed this super excellent deal. Our dream would be to live in a little house in the woods or a cool walking community in a city, but since our jobs have taken us where is has, we're very lucky beyond measure to have landed this home. Anyhow, the space is challenging and I have no decorating sense AT ALL, nor do we have the money to do a lot (surely you all know where our money is going.... adoption ain't cheap!), hence how we and HGTV have joined forces.
What now? It seems they have a few houses in the area to also scout out, but (not meaning to get my hopes up - but probably too late) they seemed really positive and energized about our space, so keep fingers crossed! I should know within two weeks if we were picked and will be keeping the updates coming!
2 comments:
Your house is in a beautiful area!! What state do you live in? (I am sure I'll eventually figure it out as I navigate through your site).....
That is hilarious about the tv producer adopting. S/he probably thought you were really trendy ;-) (kidding!)
I love this!! You are such a beautiful, kind, charming person- not to mention, your living room is ideal for a home makeover show. The perfect blank canvas. They are absolutely going to choose you.
Post a Comment