Thursday, July 8, 2010

Why the blog?

Once upon a time, I was a great mom with my ability to keep up with The Kid's website which has now crumbled like the ancient ruins. Even though it was good times, I feel that it is time to close that chapter as we are in the works of opening a new one. We are in process of adopting a child from Ethiopia, so the purpose of this blog is to talk about the adoption process all the while still keeping up with the antics of my zanny kid (and my dear Husband, or course!). Hopefully within 6-10 months, we will have have our daughter/sister home so that this this blog can be dedicated to my amazing two little birds and our one crazy family!

I am still on the fence as to revealing actual names on this website. Since I have poured my time over various other blogs from ET adopting families, I am now seeing just how public our lives can be. I'm a little too late on the public domain name of our website, but for the time being, first names will remain private. They are as follows: Myself (Me, I, or Mom), Husband, and The Kid. The name creativity is genius, I know.

And please, I love to write, but don't claim to be any good at it, so don't judge me on my grammatical skills - or lack there of. Heck, was learned in Utah, so cut me some freakin' slack for gosh sake! Ever see the Far Side cartoon with the caption "Midvale Middle School" and a kid is pushing on the door that says pull? Well, that actual school was within minutes of mine. Yes... our area's claim to fame.

No comments: