Here's the news from HGTV..... no deal. :(
In the last 2.5 months the crew flew in to see our house, hours talking to producers, wrote a "script" together, filming contracts signed, many "we are excited to work with you", and "your house is just what we want", and when they were at our house, they were like, "We canceled the other houses to scout because we know what we are looking for". Blah blah blah.
Then we get this simple 3 sentence email tonight saying that it was fun working with us, but they are unfortunately not going with our house, but have a nice summer, anyway! DRATS! BOO!
Well now that it is done deal, I can finally get this out: "Guess what, HGTV? We think your show SUCKS anyway (HGTV'd)! We have had a hard time getting ourselves to even watch it and were just hoping you would come before it gets canceled, so TAKE THAT! HA!" (Whew - that felt good!)
Getting our house done for HGTV was really too good to be true and such a wacky, out-of-the box thing to happen to us, and we should feel lucky to have gotten this far, but still, I believe we were led on by them. I felt confident that we were getting picked by things that were said and we have been planning our summer around the filming date at the end of this month, so it is a massive disappointment.
I was already boo-hooing earlier this evening because not only am I going back to a full time teaching contract next month (when I had been counting on a half time - but it was cut), I am going back with a double load (they consolidated two positions into one). The biggest bitch is that we don't have our daughter - the daughter we had hoped to have in our home three years ago.
This HGTV thing was really more about getting a free re-do. It was a distraction from thinking about our reality. It was shedding a bit of hope, inspiration, and that magic of "dreams really do come true" into my life. Many people would be shoveling anti-depressants and/or doughnuts into their mouths by the fist full to repress the feelings associated with what we have been up against (adoption, job woes, etc), but I had this.
I know we have it good. I really do and we make sure to take time each day to reflect on these things together as a family. We are happy, healthy, have a great son, have wonderful friends, have jobs, have opportunities, have our summers off together as a family to share in fun adventures, and have a great new (bland) house. Still.... we have had our fair share of disappointments the last few years that seem to stem around waiting and holding our breath for something good to happen. And it is just not happening.
Needless to say, we would welcome some good news for a change.
4 comments:
O bummer!!!!! I watched HGTV'd a few nights ago and so hoped I would be seeing your family soon. So understand your emotions. You want to throw a big pity party for yourself and for others to say that you really have had a horrible road. You feel it is worse than others have faced as they travel this adoption road and then you realized that there are so many worse things out there and you have so much to be thanful for, but dag gonenit!! Why is this happening to me?!!! Seriously! Can't someone cut us a break?!!! So unhappy for you! feeling your pain!! It was a bad week last week for me. Had a mini panic attack Tuesday realizing that we probably will not get to travel this year. If we don't get a referral this month, there is absolutely no way we will travel, but it may already be too late. Ring phone, Ring!!!! I want to hear that happy song that will play when my agency calls!!!
Simply put, that just SUCKS! I am so sorry they lead you on, especially during such a vulnerable time.
Sorry. I've learned over the years through various experiences never to count on such things because it's all about them :-(
And I can relate to the one-thing-after-another hardships, while still being grateful for so much. I hope good things start showing up for you in a way that makes you feel like you're finally crawling out of a dark time.
so sorry, Jen! Did HGTV leave you with any great ideas? I'd be happy to help you..but the adoption thing, I can't. Patience is a hard thing. Remember that I eventually ended up with 5, though! It will happen.
Post a Comment