Saturday, October 23, 2010

Here's how it goes....

I am starting to FREAK OUT! I got the famous "first email" from my case manager from WACAP. This is the first of many to come that basically tells you to gear up because things are going to start coming at us really fast. YEEEKS!

Many of you have been asking what it all means when I say, "referral" and "matched", so here's a re-cap:

1. It is estimated that we will get a referral (or matched) with a child around December (give or take a month). We don't know who she is now, but at that time, I will get a call from WACAP saying that we have been matched and they will be sending the picture and child's information via email.

(If you can only imagine.... when we are next to be matched, I will be carrying my phone around like a delicate flower, then most most likely leap with super human strength to the computer when I get "the call")

2. We will have a few weeks to go over the medical information with a doctor and then officially accept the referral.

3. When we officially accept the referral, a court date will be set in Ethiopia for the adoption. That date is usually set 3-6 weeks after referral acceptance. Husband and I will fly out for that and stay about 7-10 days in Addis Ababa.

4. We'll come home (leaving her there... boo-hoo) for about 3-4 weeks until our embassy appointment date back in Ethiopia. I will fly back for that, take her from the orphanage to the guest house to start the bounding for a few days, then fly her home forever!

3 comments:

Mama Mimi said...

Gearin' up for the FUN(/stressful) part =)

Beth said...

I am so happy for you and the family. This just brings tears to my eyes thinking about how long you have waited. Love to you all!

Jessica said...

Congratulations!! I hope your referral comes soon. We're a fellow family in waiting (same agency). Can't wait to hear the good news for you!